PhD students must master a variety of non-statistical skills, and these skills are often acquired through osmosis or trial-and-error. To speed the process along, I have compiled some advice on such topics based on my personal experience. These pages are exclusively my own opinions, and are far from comprehensive. I’d like to add more topics, so please let me know if there’s something of this sort that would be helpful to you.
- Keeping track of the literature
- Navigating the academic job market in statistics
- Creating high quality figures
- Giving effective presentations
- Programming best practices in R
- High-performance computing